I’m currently focusing on these things in my life:
- Being a dad and husband.
- Over 10 years since launch, planning the next phase for my business.
- Growing the Plymouth Software team.
- Organising and journalling using bullet journal.
- Attending and speaking at conferences and events on software and business.
- Updating Keep Your Rails App Healthy and Rails on Docker.
- Changing Plymouth Software to offer productised consultancy, and …
- … fully adopting value pricing.
- Improving overall fitness. In 2021, I hope to return to regular swimming.
- Eating a primarily plant-based diet, and removing processed foods.
These are my priorities. Other than the exceptions below, I say no to everything else: recruitment/employment offers, business partnerships, equity/profit–share deals, marketing services, outsourcing my development needs, stuff being sold over the phone, and so on.
Please visit plymouthsoftware.com for details of my professional services.
Help with your code
I genuinely enjoy helping and teaching other developers, and regularly receive questions for help on Android and Rails development.
However, I need to manage these as they increase in volume.
In this way, the whole community can benefit from - and contribute to - our learning.
For direct, one-on-one support for your code, or to discuss a larger project, I offer professional software consulting services through Plymouth Software.
Saying “no” does not come naturally to me. For years, though, I have spent most of my time saying yes to people's requests - but got nothing done myself.
People often ask me to do other things. I sincerely wish them the best, and that I could help more, but I must say no, because I need to focus on these things in my life.
Last updated : August 2021.